Starting with January 1st 2019, according to GD 937/2018, the minimum gross wage guaranteed in payment for a normal work schedule of an average of 167,333 hours per month, representing 12.43 lei/ hour shall be in amount of:
- 2.080 lei per month without including any bonuses
or, as an exception
- 2.350 lei per month without including bonuses for the staff assigned to positions which requires higher education with at least one year of seniority in the higher education field.
This normative act mentions that as of January 1st 2019, all rights and obligations established by the Labor Code are determined by reference to the level of 2.080 lei of the minimum gross wage guaranteed in the payment.
- For the establishment of the gross minimum wage, important shall be: the study field, the necesity of higher education studies for the respective position on which the employees are assigned to and the length of work in the studied field for at least 1 year.
- Changes related to the gross minimum wages are reported in the General Register of the Employees (“REVISAL”) according to art. 4 par. 3 of GD 905/2017, within 20 working days from the date of the amendment, therforte the deadline shall be January 31 2019.
- For the extra-salary income obtained starting with 2019 for which there is an obligation to submit the single declaration, the new threshold for establishing the social security contribution to be paid shall be 12 minimum gross wages, reported at 2.080 lei, respectively 24.960 lei/year.